The Toy Train facility was started in August 1977, when the Indian Railways gifted one engine of 17 HP and two coaches to the park. Tata Iron and Steel Company, Jamshedpur donated 60 M.T. of 30 Lbs. rails to lay down the 1590 m long track. Later on in 2004, length of the track extended to 4368 m. This length covers almost every animal enclosure / area of the park.
Further, the Railways gifted a new train having four bogies (named as Sarus) of capacity of 20 persons each. Along with this a steam engine No. 73 ZB was donated by the Ministry of Railways, which is kept near the railway platform. There are three mini stations enroute of the toy train.
At present toy train is not functional because of some technical issus.